From the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS):
Many minorities experience a disproportionate burden of preventable disease, including diabetes, heart disease, kidney failure, and obesity. Providers should talk to patients about the importance of preventive care and recommend appropriate Medicare-covered preventive services.
For More Information:
- Medicare Preventive Services Educational Tool
- Mapping Medicare Disparities Tool
- CMS Office of Minority Health website
- HHS National Minority Health Month webpage
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Minority Health website
- HealthEquityTA@cms.hhs.gov Health Equity Technical assistance mailbox
Visit the CMS Preventive Services website to learn more about Medicare-covered services.