During the Annual Coordinated Election Period, which runs from October 15th through December 7th, people with Medicare can change their choice of health coverage (whether they receive that coverage through a private Medicare Advantage plan or traditional Medicare), and add, drop or change Medicare Part D drug coverage.
For more information and to get help reviewing coverage options:
- Visit www.medicare.gov to see plan coverage and costs available in various geographic areas, and to enroll in a new plan or make a change. Open Enrollment information is available in Spanish.
- Call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) for around-the-clock assistance to find out more about coverage options. TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048. Multilingual counseling is available.
- Review the 2014 Medicare & You handbook. It is accessible online at www.medicare.gov/pubs/pdf/10050.pdf, and it has been mailed to the homes of people with Medicare.
- Get one-on-one counseling assistance from the local State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP). Local SHIP contact information can be found:
- At www.medicare.gov/contacts/organization-search-criteria.aspx or,
- On the back of the 2014 Medicare & You handbook or,
- By calling Medicare (contact information above).