Team Gleason and the Center for Medicare Advocacy are pleased to announce a new initiative to help people living with ALS understand the Medicare home health benefit and maximize access to coverage and care. The Home Health Initiative will provide the following:
1. Three Educational Webinars:
- Webinar #1: An Overview of Medicare for People Living With ALS – Eligibility, Enrollment, Choosing Between Traditional Medicare and Medicare Advantage, Coverage and Payment Issues.
- Webinar #2: An Overview of Medicare Home Health Coverage – Related Law, Regulations, Policies and Practical Tips to Assist People Living With ALS to Access Home and Community-Based Medicare Coverage. (Wednesday,
April 18 at 3 p.m. EDT)
- Webinar #3: Case Studies: Pathways to Maximizing Medicare Home Health Coverage and Access to Care for People Living With ALS (Considering Skilled Care, Homebound, Face-to-Face Certification and “Dependent” Service Issues). (Wednesday, May 9 at 3 p.m. EDT)
Each webinar will be 90-minutes long, include 30 minutes for questions, and will be recorded and made available for future viewing. The webinars will be presented by Center for Medicare Advocacy attorneys and include Power Point slides. Related materials will be available on a password-protected webpage for webinar registrants.
2. A dedicated Medicare home health email portal for people living with ALS to ask questions and share home health access stories: HomeHealth@MedicareAdvocacy.org
3. Virtual “Town Hall” calling hours, hosted by Center for Medicare Advocacy attorneys for people living with ALS, to share answers to questions received on the email portal and to answer live questions from callers about Medicare and home health care. (Every 2nd Wednesday at 3pm EDT in June, July and August)
Register for our town hall sessions:
- Session 1, Wednesday June 13, 2018, 3:00 PM – Register Now
- Session 2, Wednesday July 11, 2018, 3:00 PM – Register Now
- Session 2, Wednesday August 8, 2018, 3:00 PM – Register Now
The Gleason Initiative Foundation (http://www.teamgleason.org)is a charitable 501c3 non-profit corporation with the mission to help provide individuals with neuromuscular diseases or injuries with leading edge technology, equipment and services, create a global conversation about ALS to ultimately find solutions and an end to the disease, and raise public awareness toward ALS by providing and documenting extraordinary life adventures for individuals with muscular diseases or injuries.
The Center for Medicare Advocacy (http://www.medicareadvocacy.org) is a national, nonprofit, non-partisan law organization that works to advance access to comprehensive Medicare coverage and quality health care for older people and people with disabilities through legal analysis, education, and advocacy.