Since 1986, the Center for Medicare Advocacy has been a passionate educator and advocate, working to ensure access to Medicare and quality health care. In difficult times, we need your help to be the voice for those people who have nobody to speak for them.
Oral Health Care is Health Care!
Sign our petition to Remind CMS that Medicare should be covering Medically necessary oral health care.
- Medicare was created to help older people and people with disabilities. It should not deny clinically essential or life-saving treatments simply because those treatments occur within the mouth.
- The Medicare statute does not prohibit coverage for non-routine dental or oral procedures that are medically critical to the treatment of illnesses, diseases, injuries, and health conditions.
- The Senate Report that accompanied the original Medicare legislation explained that the “specific exclusion of routine dental care” was intended “to make clear that the services of dental surgeons covered under the bill are restricted to complex surgical procedures.”
Sign our petition today. Remind CMS that oral health care IS health care.
Join our thunderclap to really make some noise. Log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr account, and on April 15 you and everyone else who has joined will send our message out at once. Let's see how far we can reach together!
- Tell Your Senators and Representatives to Protect Medicare Advantage Enrollees – Support the Medicare Advantage Bill of Rights Act (HR 4998/ S 2552).
- Tell your Senators and Representatives to end Observation Status – Support the Improving Access to Medicare Coverage Act of 2013 (H.R. 1179/S.569).
- Tell your Senators and Representatives Not to Forget the Neediest Medicare Beneficiaries – Make the QI Program Permanent
- Print a PDF handout on real solutions to preserve Medicare and share it with others
- Make A Donation – Help the Center for Medicare Advocacy continue its vital work.
- Sign up for our weekly Alert, Monthly Newsletter, or other electronic publications.
- Use our Self-Help Packets.